Mahatma Gandhi forever remains as our inspiration. Remembering Mahatma as our leader gives us a sense of pride as a nation. His gospel of non-violence lead us to our freedom in 1947. Often referred to as the ‘father of the nation’ Gandhiji was the embodiment of calm and character. A true leader in every sense.
Even today, when we facilitate any program on leadership, people take Gandhiji as the first example!
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi, we are here remembering the Mahatma through one special book!
Gandhi on Personal Leadership
Anand Kumarasamy authored this book and was published by Jaico in 2006. When I saw the contents page, I was drawn into it instantly and I bought it.
The special feature that I experienced with this book is the chapter titles that make you think even without reading them!
There are in total 40 chapters and I am sharing here the top chapters!
My choicest chapters
- A strong sense of purpose
- The importance of character
- The power of our everyday choices and actions
- The importance of risking failures
- The value of creative tension
- The power of conscience
- The importance of trust
- The law of personal responsibility
- Personal honesty and authenticity
- Balancing action and reflection
Dr. Raj Kumar, CEO
HR Footprints Management Services Pvt Ltd
Follow us on Twitter: @hrfootprints